Applications may be submitted through 5pm (EST) on March 25, 2016. Selected applicants will be notified by mid-April.
Current graduate students and postdocs may apply for participation in the 3 1/2-day on-site workshop at the National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) in Annapolis, MD from Tuesday July 5 to Friday July 8, 2016 AND to be a co-leader of a 1-day virtual mini-workshop (VMW) OR may apply only to be a co-leader of a VMW ONLY.
All selected applicants to the 3 1/2-day on-site workshop will be expected to also co-lead a 1-day VMW at their home institution.
If applying for full participation in the 3 1/2-day on-site workshop, please complete this application and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The principal investigators for Breaking the Code will provide a basic agenda, digital materials (e.g. powerpoint presentations, etc.) and virtual assistance to all co-leaders of the 1-day VMWs but we do encourage creativity and will support groups in formulating their own activities and discussion points. We recommend that each location have at least two co-leaders. Co-leaders are responsible for:
● Selecting a date for the event (between May 15 – July 1);
● Securing an appropriate location at their home institution for the day of the VMW (on the selected day) to be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (local time) and a location (with audio/video capability and internet connectivity) to be available from Noon – 4pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on July 6, 2016.
● Recruiting participants for the VMW from within their local networks;
● Setting up for and facilitating (leading) the activities during the VMW;
● Coordinating the preparation and presentation of the results of their VMW to the Workshop Participants on July 6, 2016 from 1-2 p.m. (EST).
● Facilitating virtual participation in the Panel and Town Hall discussions on July 6, 2016, 2-4 p.m. (EST).
For any questions, please email Elicia Ratajczyk at email@example.com.
Complete the Application here